Carpal Tunnel syndrome is a broblem that affects the wrist and hand. If you have CTS, tingling and numbness can make even simple tasks hard to do. However, CTS can be treated, and your symptoms can be controlled.
What are the symptions of CTS?
- Numbness, tingling, or burning sensations in the thumb and fingers, particularly the index and middle fingers, which are affected by the median nerve
- Pain in the hands or wrists
- Loss of dexterity or gripping strength
- Difficulty performing routine tasks with the hands such as holding a cup, vacuuming, washing up, or eacn driving; some people have difficulty holding a newspaper or telephone.
- Swelling of the hand, which often increases at night
- Pain in the arm and shoulder